Thursday, May 8, 2008

Shelfari

I have to share my excitement about a site I discovered (thanks to some nesties!) today. It's www.shelfari.com and it's like a virtual bookshelf. What's the point of having a virtual bookshelf, you may ask? Well, you can rate all of your books, mark your favorites, and browse the site for reviews, popular books, etc. You can browse other people's bookshelves to see what they have read/liked, which is particularly helpful if that person has similar tastes to you in books. And I like that you have a shelf for books that you are planning on buying/renting/reading. So when it's time to go on vacation, you can jot down a list to take with you instead of wandering aimlessly around the bookstore/library like I usually do.

So my sample bookshelf (containing some of my favorite books) is now on the right hand side of my blog. Sign up yourself, it's addictive! And make sure to add me as your friend so that I can get more good book recommendations :).

No comments: