Saturday, March 17, 2012

Testing, testing, 123...

 

Well, it looks like I get an F for blogging effort. But I'm back! Kind of. I'm testing out a blogging app in preparation for the big upcoming European adventure. My intention is to try and blog the entire trip, day by day, while we are there. Mainly because I have a terrible memory and I want to be able to remember everything about this trip!

For those of you that don't know, my parents and I are embarking on an overseas trip to visit Sarah, who has been in Spain since September. She is teaching English in a tiny little town and begged my parents to bring me over with them for her spring break, because she misses me SO MUCH. Right Sarah??? Either that or they needed someone that speaks French.....one of the two. Regardless, as a lifelong Francophile, I am ridiculously excited about visiting my motherland (and seeing Sarah and Spain too).

We will be arriving in Paris, where we will eat our weight in cheese, bread and chocolate for 4 days. On day 5, we will travel to Dijon, stopping in Épernay to tour a champagne cave (and taste the champagne, obviously!). After a night in Dijon, we will make out way down the "Route des Grands Cru," which is filled with wineries in the Burgundy region. We will stop for a late lunch in Lyon before driving on to Provence for 3 days. We'll be staying in a charming (hopefully!) bed and breakfast in St. Rémy, and we will also visit Avignon and Les Beaux over Easter weekend.

And then the Spanish portion of our journey begins! From Provence we'll cross the border into Spain and head down to Roses and Cadaqués. We will spend one night there, then drive down the beautiful Costa Brava, stopping for one night in Tossa de Mar. And finally, we will end this epic trip with a couple of days in Barcelona.

So! Hopefully this app works, because I might cry if I've typed all this and it doesn't post. I'm going to end with a couple of pictures so that I can test out that aspect of the app!

 

 

1 comment:

Anita said...

Hey! This is funny and exciting b/c I get to go too! woohoo!