Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Welcome to the home stretch...

Today marks 28 weeks and 2 days, so I'm officially in the 3rd trimester! I am feeling really good, although my body is starting to ache a little with the added weight and I do get tired pretty easily. Mike and I can't believe that we are less than 3 months away from meeting Miss Maddie! The nursery hasn't changed much yet, but I will definitely post picture updates when it has. The furniture should all be in the room before the first week of July is over. That stuff sure does take forever to come in! The slow delivery has prompted several nightmares of the baby arriving and us having no nursery for her. I am also having recurring nightmares that we've been at home with the baby for 3-4 days and I realize that no one has ever changed her diaper. Something tells me that one isn't likely to come true!

Today we had a big appointment- an ultrasound to check growth and my gestational diabetes test. The GD solution was pretty gross, but I managed to get it down without any coming back up (just barely!). I'm waiting on pins and needles to get the results back. I've heard that I will need to stay away from ketchup if I do have it- yikes! My meat will be so lonely on the plate!

The ultrasound was great, although we didn't get to see her in 3-D this time (I've gotten spoiled by those clear images), so we couldn't see too much. She's definitely plumper and less alien like though, and she's estimated to weigh about 2 lbs 10 oz as of today, which puts her in the 48th percentile. So she is doing great! And my weight is up again too, so we are pleased with that. Thank you Chick-fil-a milkshakes....and let the waddling begin!

I am very excited to be headed down to SC tomorrow for Kat's graduation and then to Charlotte for my baby shower on Saturday!!! I will be sure and post pics of that when I get back to Raleigh. In the meantime, here are a couple of photos from the ultrasound today. We will be headed back to Prenatal Peek (my Mother's Day gift from Mike!) sometime in the next few weeks, so I'll have lots of good 3-d pictures to show off after that.

No comments: