Sunday, February 15, 2015

Hunger vs the cold

I've been referring to this post from the Whole30 folks on the "stages" of Whole30 that most people go through. It looks like I'm pretty much on track- and by that I mean I just want to quit and eat delicious food again. But my stubbornness will carry me through! Hopefully.

Ok, Day 14 round-up time.

Day 14:

Breakfast: scrambled eggs with spinach and bacon. I woke up super hungry today, probably because of small lunch and early dinner yesterday. I knew I needed something filling, so I did scrambled eggs. I tried cooking them differently this time, really slowly (I read about it in some cooking blog), and they were a tiny bit better. Not great, but I was able to eat a whole egg.

Lunch: leftover outback! plus some kale chips. Yummmm...heated up my baked potato and added ghee and garlic powder for a little more flavor.

Dinner: grilled chicken, roasted brussels sprouts and potatoes. I made this Italian dressing plus I added some pineapple chunks/juice for the marinade, and it was really good! It was a little dry, it would have been GREAT with ketchup. Maddie loved the chicken so much she asked for seconds, which she rarely does with meat. So score! I'm glad I made a lot. 

Oh, and did I mention that I grilled this chicken with the wind chill at around -9?? Across a porch of solid ice and snow? I always said I'd grill in any weather, I think today proved it!

No comments: