Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Mmmm....noodle soup

Has it really only been 3 days? Because in the afternoon when I'm dying for a brownie and Dr. Pepper, it feels more like 3 weeks, haha. But honestly, today was ok. I was a little lethargic before and after lunch, but lethargy is not an entirely new feeling for me, so that's not a huge deal. I've been having headaches too, but very mild and Advil fixes me right up.

I know in my first blog, I mentioned that I hate fruits and vegetables. That's not entirely true. I will list the fruits and vegetables that I enjoy.

Fruits:
Apples (red AND green)
Grapes

Veggies:
Corn
Potatoes (white)
Lima beans

That's it. Now, in the past few years, I have learned to eat (if not enjoy) kale chips, roasted green beans, roasted brussel sprouts and most recently, roasted broccoli. Anything else must be snuck in or I'll gag. And as far as fruit goes, that's truly it. I hate berries and melons of all kinds. The closest I get are cherry flavored fruit roll ups (what, those don't count?).

So that's why I say if I can do Whole30, anyone can. If you can eat a salad (LETTUCE IS SO GROSS), you are like 10 steps ahead of me already.

Ok, time for the daily report:

Day 3:

Breakfast:
Egg and sausage omelet- this was super yummy, I got some Whole30 approved kale and garlic sausage from our pork vendor at the market and just took it out of it's casing. The sausage definitely helped the egg go down easier.

Morning snack:
grapes- yum

Lunch:
Chicken nuggets and kale chips- yup, again. Last of the nuggets so I need to figure out lunch tomorrow!

Afternoon snack:
cashews- double yum

Dinner:
Creamy chicken soup- this was a big winner, yum! My mom stewed an organic, free range chicken this morning to get shredded chicken and broth for this recipe. Up here in farm land, we do it up right #AlwaysLancaster. Then we added zucchini, cauliflower, onions and garlic to the broth- let the veggies soften and then stuck them in the blender until it was smooth. Hidden veggies, yay! Then we added shredded chicken and carrots to that mixture, simmered it up and ate it down.

Recipe here if anyone wants to try it. Kid friendly too!

*the title to this post is a Friends reference, there were, of course, no noodles in the soup*
**is it brussel sprouts or brussels sprouts?**




No comments: