Sunday, February 22, 2015

Sorry for being a bad blogger

Ok, I'm still here! Didn't quit, I promise :). I have been super bust at night this week, which is when I usually blog, so I just keep putting it off. The past few days have been good, my cravings are not as strong as they were last week, so that's nice! Being busy at night is a bit of a challenge, as I've had to eat at weird times or eat really stinky garlic chicken in the car (sorry family!) on the way to an event. But I'm now at day 21, which means- single digits left! Woohoo!

I won't do a day by day of breakfast lunch and dinner since it's been a few days and I honestly don't remember each meal. Breakfast is usually bacon/apple, apple/almond butter, or sausage and egg scramble. Lunch is almost always leftovers from dinner.

I do have two really good recipes to share.

Chicken nuggets: these are delish, but SUPER GARLICKY. I love garlic but I think I might tone it down a touch next time. Have a toothbrush handy when you eat these, they are strong! I used half almond flour and half tapioca flour on mine, and I think that was a great combo. I'm not crazy about coconut flour, I don't like the sweetness.

Beef Bourgignon: this was SO GOOD. I need this- it is SO flavorful and filling. It's not a hard recipe at all- a little time consuming with the chopping and clean up, but so worth it. I left out the mushrooms because I don't like them, and I used beef stock instead of bone broth. You need to try this recipe, whether you are paleo or not! Oh, and next time I'll probably skip thickening it at the end. Maybe I didn't cook my thickener long enough, but it was kind of gloppy and slimy.

No comments: